Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How is my coupon binder organized?

I warn... I have a touch of OCD... LOL!

I have a bright canary yellow binder that I picked up at Dollar General for $2.  In it, I have page protectors that I picked up at Dollar Tree for $1 (25 protectors in each packet!).  I made my own indexes using index cards and tape.

The sections:
  1. Dairy - milk, ice cream, yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, butter, cheese, other dairy
  2. Breakfast - cereal, granola bars, Quaker products, breakfast mix, frozen breakfast, etc.
  3. Beverages - soda, fruit juice, veggie juice, powdered, other
  4. Canned - fruit, veggies, soup, broth, chili, sauce, other
  5. Condiments - mayo, pickles, olives, salad toppings, salad dressings, ketchup, muistard, peanut butter, jelly, other
  6. Grains - Dry pasta, mac & cheese, hamburger helper, rice, side dishes, potatoes, other
  7. Snacks - fruit snacks, nuts, popcorn, gum, candy, chocolate, crackers, cookies, chips, other
  8. Baking - brownies, cake mixes, muffins, frosting, sugar, oil, flour, spices, other
  9. Frozen - bread, rolls, pizza, dessert, pasta, veggies, dinners, meat, other
  10. Food misc. - diet, health, Mexican, Asian, meat, other
  11. Baby - diapers, soap, food, other
  12. Medication - laxatives, aspirin, tylenol, cough drops, muscle pain, cold meds, tums, pepto, first aide and other
  13. Paper - tissue, TP, paper towels, napkins, paper plates, cups, ziploc bags, other
  14. Soap - hand soap, body wash, shampoos and other
  15. Personal Care - deodorant, feminine hygiene, razors, shave gel, other
  16. Toothpaste - toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouth wash, dental floss, other
  17. Make Up - lotions, chapstick, make up
  18. Dish Soap - liquid, powdered, laundry and other laundry/dish items
  19. Home - other cleaners, carpet, floor, window, clorox, lysol, bathroom, glade, oust, febreeze, other
  20. Pets - food, care, etc.
  21. Batteries
  22. Over All Grocery - for example: the coupons that print from the register giving you so much of your next grocery purchase
  23. Toys
  24. Clothing
  25. Arts/Crafts
Next I have a listing of my reward cards for each store.

I have a section for Store Specific Coupons:
  1. Bath & Body
  2. Children's Place
  3. Chuck E Cheese
  4. Dollar General
  5. Dunkin' Donuts
  6. Family Dollar
  7. Giant
  8. KMart
  9. McDonald's
  10. Other Restaurants
  11. Subway
  12. Target
  13. Weis
I thought to keep better track, I will place any coupons that I find and think we *might* use in these pages.  That way I know where they are at all times.

I also have a section for Store maps.  I know you can pick them up at the Giant stores.  That way, I can make my grocery lists out efficiently, knowing where each item is in the store.

I warned you.. OCD! ;)  LOL! 

I also have lined notebook paper in the book to keep my lists on, as well as complete a store guide so that I know prices of frequently bought items.  That way I can compare prices when stores come out with items that they list as "SALE" and really are not for another store. 

When I write my lists, I have placed the list and coordinating coupons in a page protector and placed that list in the front of the binder for easy access.

No comments:

Post a Comment